Monday, 12 June 2017

Life Last Week


This week has had its ups and downs- much like any other week. In many ways, this week is no different than any other... but there are some aspects of my life that have changed forever.

For starters, I voted for the first time ever. As an eighteen year old living in Scotland, I have had the opportunity to vote three times in total, but it has taken until last Thursday for me to exercise my right as a young person in the democratic country I live in.

And yeah, I voted for the SNP's.

I voted for free education, for healthcare for all (not just the rich), and for job security. I voted against division with regards to race and religion- be it European or Muslim; or both. I voted for a strong female leader who shows compassion, and who looks to the people when making a decision. And while I say 'each to their own', to me it's clear that the SNP party is the only party which delivers on all of these core ideals. So that's who I voted for.

This week I also got a very exciting message from Sophia Von Porat, who heads Swedish Vegan subscription box VegoBox, asking me about the prices I could offer should she order 130 of my vegan 'Scrub n' Kiss' lip scrubs. 

While we sadly weren't able to come to an agreement, it was so encouraging to know that people are actually interested in my lip scrubs... Being totally honest with you guys, I've slowly been giving up hope. What started as an exciting new venture, has slowly crept to the back of my mind. 

I hope that I will be able to build up my etsy store, and that the Scrub n' Kiss lip scrubs will kick off soon, but I understand that sometimes things don't go quite as planned. Still, I haven't given up just yet!

In other news, I found out that my friend is recording a few demos with his band in about a fortnight! I've never heard him play in his band- but I know just how talented he is, and I honestly couldn't be more excited to hear these demos as they begin to share their music with the world. You can bet that as soon as they get some stuff online that I'll be sharing like crazy.

I had a bit of down time on Sunday, as I had the day off to spend time with my Dad- who was back from Belgium for the weekend. The struggles of having a job in hospitality when my Dad's only back for a weekend once every fortnight means that I often don't get time off to spend with him- weekends are the busiest times for me in TGI Friday's! But it was really lovely to be able to hang out with my family for the first time in what feels like forever.

Getting to spend quality time with family will always trump anything else.

We went on a drive, played uno, my Mum and I watched Poldark (Can I just OH MY GOODNESS... anyone else who watched last nights episode will understand, damn it gets better every time!), and then we all headed up to bed for a nice early night. I've missed being able to just hang out.

Anyways, I'm going to love you and leave you for now. I hope you all had as good a week as I have- and that this week will be just as bright.

If you can, please support me by buying or sharing my vegan lip scrubs.
You can find my etsy page by following the link here.

Adios xo

No comments:

Post a Comment